Wednesday 31 December 2008

Fashion woes ..

Its the dreaded party time and that means I need to scour the shops searching for something decent to wear. I am a healthy size 0 or rather a -1. I can hear a sharp intake of breath and tut tuts. This is how I have been for the 30 odd years of my life. The wee bit that I put on was during my pregnancy .. but I lost it soon after. According to my mom when I was born the doctor said 'Aah a bonny baby'. I am sure he meant 'bony'. I was not sickly or weak. A normal child full of energy though on the lite side. I was never bothered by it, though my mom was. Anytime we went anywhere people asked her 'Enda tinnan onum kodukinnilye ?' (Are you not feeding her ?) ... no I only eat 5 meals a day. Looking at me no one will say I have a healthy appetite but then they are pleasantly surprised to see me wolfing down all my meals. . My husband likes my size .. he said he always wanted a wife he put his arms around and could carry easily !! ;).
I never really thought about size untill I came to UK and had to hunt for trousers for my work !! Now UK sizes range from 8-22 (or more). Very rarely do some shops have a 6. When I got my first job here, I spent a whole week going to shops searching for the elusive size 6. Even when I did get one, it was too loose. The waist was fine, but what am I supposed to fill the bottom with ? It felt like I was wearing my husbands pants !! Maybe I ought to pad it up with some pillows. Are there bum enhancers available in the market ? Skirts are out of question since my legs are too spindly and anyways no one makes skirts to make you look fatter !!! Infact all the dresses in the market are designed to make you look slim. That got me thinking.. are there no thin people in this world ? are we all a healthy 8 or a 10 ? What is all this debate about size 0 (UK size 4) ? If there are size 0 models what do they wear ? Designer clothes ... yes designer clothes are the answer to my problem. I think I need to raid VB's wardrobe. LA here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment